REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-10-2024, 11:10 AM   #751
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Great way to piss away your money. Probably smarter to take your $150k+ and buy Tesla stock.
This is super convincing coming from a Lamborghini owner.
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2024, 11:26 AM   #752
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,402 Posts
Failed 390 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
The last two Lamborghini's I had made money from, my Revuelto I can get $200k over list so wtf are you yapping about?
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2024, 12:09 PM   #753

Well, by your same logic, the first batch of CT sellers were able to flip it for 50-120% profit. I don’t think your regular production models of Lamborghini can command anywhere near that kind of profit margin.

Yes the prices have come down, but since it’s still new to Canada, I thing there’s still money to be made and probably not that much different in term of % gains comparing to your lambo.

But still, cars are meant to be toys. If I need to worry about whether my toy will keep the value or not, maybe I shouldn’t be buying in the first place.
Old 08-10-2024, 12:20 PM   #754
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Well, by your same logic, the first batch of CT sellers were able to flip it for 50-120% profit. I don’t think your regular production models of Lamborghini can command anywhere near that kind of profit margin.

Yes the prices have come down, but since it’s still new to Canada, I thing there’s still money to be made and probably not that much different in term of % gains comparing to your lambo.

But still, cars are meant to be toys. If I need to worry about whether my toy will keep the value or not, maybe I shouldn’t be buying in the first place.
10 years down the line your truck will be worth way less than what you paid for it. His cars will be worth way more. My 09 R8 is worth more than I paid for it. Bought it in 2013.
Old 08-10-2024, 12:26 PM   #755

Quote:

I'm talking about Canadian Cybertrucks, and there's no way the "first" batch of Canadian Cybertrucks will command crazy premiums. Tesla has all but ensured that flippers can't make money from flipping the Cybertruck in Canada.

My point is, Tesla is notorious for slashing prices on new cars, so if you don't care about being the first to own a Cybertruck in Canada, I would wait until they slash prices or introduce the "base" model version, which is coming soon.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2024, 01:31 PM   #756
RS controls my life!

Failed 64 Times in 21 Posts
IMO canadian taxes are too high to flip effectively, unless you’re in alberta. Also the technological advances in EV is awful for depreciation.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2024, 01:45 PM   #757
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
People also don't want the cybertruck like they did a year ago when they came out in the US. People wanted to be the first because they wanted to flex, then they realized 99% of people have made them the butt of the joke.
Like 5% of people are making fun of the guy with the lambo because they think he's a rich douche while the other 95% are like fuck that's cool. The cybertruck numbers are the reverse of that so you arent getting the vanity buyers anymore. Nobody gives a shit about the guy that pulls up in the cybertruck.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2024, 02:06 PM   #758

Quote:
I'm talking about Canadian Cybertrucks, and there's no way the "first" batch of Canadian Cybertrucks will command crazy premiums. Tesla has all but ensured that flippers can't make money from flipping the Cybertruck in Canada.

My point is, Tesla is notorious for slashing prices on new cars, so if you don't care about being the first to own a Cybertruck in Canada, I would wait until they slash prices or introduce the "base" model version, which is coming soon.
My point was that a car like CT is a toy. If your toy's budget allows you to spend that kind of money, by all mean, go ahead. If this is going to make a serious dent in one's portfolio, maybe that person should think twice whether they can really afford this or not.

But saying that buying a Lamborghini makes more sense financially than buying CT sounds about the same to me you should spend 2M buying a PSA10 Charizard card than spending $15 on a pack of Pokemon booster pack.

The only way for a regular production Lambo to keep any kind of value is that one almost never drives it. Find me a high mileage regular line Lambo that still anywhere near the MSRP... It doesn't exist.

A toy is meant to be played, not worshipped.
Old 08-10-2024, 02:42 PM   #759

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
People also don't want the cybertruck like they did a year ago when they came out in the US. People wanted to be the first because they wanted to flex, then they realized 99% of people have made them the butt of the joke.
Like 5% of people are making fun of the guy with the lambo because they think he's a rich douche while the other 95% are like fuck that's cool. The cybertruck numbers are the reverse of that so you arent getting the vanity buyers anymore. Nobody gives a shit about the guy that pulls up in the cybertruck.
The thing about CT is that Tesla is still working its kink out of production.

They know that there's a massive demand for it, so they just milk it by making a Foundation Series and make FSD mandatory and all high margin stuff.

Yes, it would eventually come down in pricing. The FS by itself is about 20k USD or 27K CAD. So, as soon as they discontinue the FS, the price would be cut by 27k at the bare minimum.

I think out of the 2M+ of pre-orders, maybe only 3-5% can bear the 130k pricing, but as it drops, it'll eventually address much of that backorder.

But to say that CT doesn't attract attention is BS. Read any review by an owner online and the single complaint that everyone has is the amount of attention it attracts. And people like Kardashian, Jay-Z are getting them for this very purpose. CT is the IT car right now.
Old 08-10-2024, 03:10 PM   #760

Quote:
My point was that a car like CT is a toy. If your toy's budget allows you to spend that kind of money, by all mean, go ahead. If this is going to make a serious dent in one's portfolio, maybe that person should think twice whether they can really afford this or not.

But saying that buying a Lamborghini makes more sense financially than buying CT sounds about the same to me you should spend 2M buying a PSA10 Charizard card than spending $15 on a pack of Pokemon booster pack.

The only way for a regular production Lambo to keep any kind of value is that one almost never drives it. Find me a high mileage regular line Lambo that still anywhere near the MSRP... It doesn't exist.

A toy is meant to be played, not worshipped.
You're the one who called me out and mentioned my Lamborghini ownership, so I responded by saying I wasn't losing money like you implied. I never once said Lamborghini ownership is a better financial decision, so stop putting words in my mouth.

And by the way, I've owned 6 Lamborghini's from new, and I've only lost money on two. I drive them, and they’re not limited edition models. My losses on those two were less than the losses on my daily drivers.
Old 08-10-2024, 03:14 PM   #761

Quote:
The thing about CT is that Tesla is still working its kink out of production.

They know that there's a massive demand for it, so they just milk it by making a Foundation Series and make FSD mandatory and all high margin stuff.

Yes, it would eventually come down in pricing. The FS by itself is about 20k USD or 27K CAD. So, as soon as they discontinue the FS, the price would be cut by 27k at the bare minimum.

I think out of the 2M+ of pre-orders, maybe only 3-5% can bear the 130k pricing, but as it drops, it'll eventually address much of that backorder.

But to say that CT doesn't attract attention is BS. Read any review by an owner online and the single complaint that everyone has is the amount of attention it attracts. And people like Kardashian, Jay-Z are getting them for this very purpose. CT is the IT car right now.

The CT was the it car six months ago, but that ship has sailed. Now they're piling up, there are literally 300 for sale in the U.S., and they're selling well below list price at auctions. Even Turo is flooded with CT rentals.

You don't need to justify your purchase; if you love the CT, buy it. But to sit here and act like it's the it car and everyone wants one is nonsense.
Old 08-10-2024, 04:54 PM   #762
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:

I didn't say it doesn't attract attention. It absolutely does, but it's not the kind a lambo does.
You roll up in it and people scoff because a guy bought a 100k meme and got grifted by Elon yet again. But like Harvey said, if you like it, get it, but the fact is what drives cars being sold above MSRP is that people want to flex. Whether its a 911 owner looking to have 20-50 year old dudes on his dick, an e30 m3 owner (me) wanting to win cars and coffee, a lambo driver wanting to pick up some 23 year old golddiggers outside republic (or whatever shitty club is there now) or the cybertruck owner wanting to be the king of the incels, 3 of those 4 seem like way bigger drivers than the latter.
If you just got it cause you enjoy it all the power to you, but we are talking about desirability when it comes to flips.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2024, 06:06 PM   #763
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,828 Times in 995 Posts
Failed 370 Times in 115 Posts
The hate for the CT is hilarious.

I've never seen ppl so outraged about something they're not forced to buy.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2024, 06:43 PM   #764

Quote:
You're the one who called me out and mentioned my Lamborghini ownership, so I responded by saying I wasn't losing money like you implied. I never once said Lamborghini ownership is a better financial decision, so stop putting words in my mouth.

And by the way, I've owned 6 Lamborghini's from new, and I've only lost money on two. I drive them, and they’re not limited edition models. My losses on those two were less than the losses on my daily drivers.
You were the one who started saying buying CT is a worse financial decision than putting money into TSLA. But the same thing can be said when buying an exotic car with maybe exception to super limited editions like Enzo, Veneno or whatever.

I don't know when you started buying, but since you've had 6 so far, I can almost guarantee that if you had put whatever amount of money you actually spent on your lambos into NVDA, you'd have come out way ahead than any money you might have made in your cars.

People who needs to think about whether to put 150k into a car or into their portfolio probably shouldn't be buying a 150k car.

Just the same as when you buy a Lambo, whichever model it might be... does it really concern you what kind of return it makes?

My mentor owns a nice collection of exotics. It's true he sees it as part of his portfolio, but more than anything... it's simply because he wants them and he can afford them.

This is RS. Where a bunch of people make questionable financial decisions when it comes to things with wheels on.
Old 08-10-2024, 07:04 PM   #765
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,152 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Hehaw just leave it alone bro. We all know you love Elon and his stupid Tesla. No need to beat that dead cyber truck anymore.

Harvey obviously don’t give a rats ass if he owned that many lambros. He’s got money to burn, not everything needs to return a profit. Losing money for stupid ass lawls is the best part about being rich.

Stop being such a Scrooge and take it easy on yourself. Go splurge on some trash and then come brag about it on RS.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2024, 11:42 PM   #766
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Frivolous purchases like Lambos and Cyber Trucks do NOT need justification beyond "I want to own one". Talking about vehicles like they are sound financial investments is questionable behavior. Just get it if you like it.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2024, 06:14 AM   #767

Thanked 7,578 Times in 2,537 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
"Daddy Musk, did you see how I defended your CyberTruck online? Did... did I do good, daddy?"
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2024, 09:43 AM   #768
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Didn't you say you bought a Plaid? The same model with a depreciation drop of 20-30% in the 1st year alone?

A car that Tesla dropped its MSRP by $45,000 only a year later of its prior model year price?

Copium is strong with you bud.

I don't care what "RS baller" wants to say, to be that much underwater on a new vehicle within the 1st year of purchase is a tough pill for anyone to swallow.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2024, 10:08 AM   #769
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,285 Times in 4,635 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
Well, Mike. There's baller logic. And then there's Hehe logic. Pick your poison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2024, 10:17 AM   #770

Hehe logic = fuck u $200k household annual income plebes I'm moving to Monaco
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2024, 10:24 AM   #771

Thanked 10,152 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Leave he haw alone !! He’s a human
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2024, 12:14 PM   #772
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,366 Times in 461 Posts
Failed 57 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Didn't you say you bought a Plaid? The same model with a depreciation drop of 20-30% in the 1st year alone?

A car that Tesla dropped its MSRP by $45,000 only a year later of its prior model year price?

Copium is strong with you bud.

I don't care what "RS baller" wants to say, to be that much underwater on a new vehicle within the 1st year of purchase is a tough pill for anyone to swallow.
I mean when the car cost relative to wealth is like us buying a sneaker, is fine

Past:
- '09 Ducati Monster 696 "Ketchup"
- '20 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7
- '20 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
- '06 Honda Accord V6[/SIZE]
AstulzerRZD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 02:20 PM   #773

Speaking of the CT, I received my invite this morning. Interestingly, there's no federal luxury tax because the CT is considered a 'commercial truck' due to its weight.
Old 08-12-2024, 06:04 PM   #774

Lmao not sure if anybody listens to the podcast Smartless but they talk about the cyber truck in the beginning of the episode and it's very on point to the recent discussion here.

Here's a link, it's like right at the beginning the first few mins

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2YZ...TZudTw31RcHbsQ
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Old 08-13-2024, 03:34 AM   #775

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Hehe logic = fuck u $200k household annual income plebes I'm moving to Monaco
Monaco really is the last option. The only thing about it is that I don't need to worry about finding an affordable housing. I can just go. And the tax treatment is incredible.

When I was there a couple of years ago, it was crazy how expensive it was. I mean, just hop over to Nice, pretty much as nice (no pun intended) but at about half of the price on everything.

A meal at a decent restaurant in Monaco is basically priced at what we have at a $$$ restaurant here, but they are in Euros (20-30s for appies, 50s for main course and 20s for dessert). A latte and some breakfast items at a coffee shop is like 20 euro.

My idea is simple, if I can save 1M over the course of next 10yrs horizon (all cost/saving considered), I'm gone. If not, I stay.

Monaco is amazing in tax saving, but the cost of living will start eating into those savings pretty quickly. Alternatively, I can apply for residence in Monaco and do most of my expenses in the French side of things.

As of right now, it seems like Andorra is the one that achieves the highest savings with similar life-quality comparing to Canada. Nevertheless, it's in a place where pretty much I'd be cut from all my current social circle. With Barcelona being the closest large city, it's still a 3hr trip away and I doubt many of my F&F would ever visit even if they go to Barça.