REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-25-2024, 08:11 AM   #26
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 9,993 Times in 3,601 Posts
Failed 467 Times in 232 Posts
Meh. I also rather have a e46 zhp. It’s not a numbers game anymore, it’s about the experience now. Can’t win the numbers game vs EVs anyways.

When a 380k GT3RS gets dusted by a stupid 100k refrigerator, it’s pointless.
Advertisement
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2024, 09:56 AM   #27
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,229 Times in 4,016 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
you can make all the excuses you want about driving feel and other things
But how a given car makes you feel about driving or owning it is the only thing that matters lol. Of course it's also the only thing you can't really quantify so a reviewer can't say anything about it.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2024, 10:35 AM   #28
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,856 Times in 5,626 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
I agree completely, maybe I didn't write it very well, those are HIS words not mine... if you listen to what he said on the Podcast, he said those reasons aren't valid because the M3P is too good and the M3P being too good invalidates any other possible argument you could make including how a vehicle makes you feel.

Then he said he'd rather drive X car because of the reasons he just said are invalid.

What he was saying is totally hypocritical.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2024, 10:40 AM   #29
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 9,993 Times in 3,601 Posts
Failed 467 Times in 232 Posts
hes italian bro. WHADDYYAAAAA want? *insert a lot of hand gestures*
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 11:25 AM   #30
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,229 Times in 4,016 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I agree completely, maybe I didn't write it very well, those are HIS words not mine... if you listen to what he said on the Podcast, he said those reasons aren't valid because the M3P is too good and the M3P being too good invalidates any other possible argument you could make including how a vehicle makes you feel.

Then he said he'd rather drive X car because of the reasons he just said are invalid.

What he was saying is totally hypocritical.
I think I got what you meant, my reply just wasn't great. It sounds like when Jeremy Clarkson reviewed the Skoda Yeti, but he was clearly joking and it sounds like this guy wasn't.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 12:46 PM   #31
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,870 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 191 Times in 118 Posts
That's already stupid fast, I was driving a model x with 3.9 sec and it rips already. I really don't see why people hate on model 3, it drives fine, the low center of gravity really helps in turns and it feels very neutral to me. Grip and power delivery is fine even with the shitty eco tires. Unless you guys drift Richmond raceway daily I don't see how you guys say the car is bad if you think about what it is designed for. Try whipping a stock accord, Camry, or a cla around, anything else in the same price bracket.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 12:58 PM   #32
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
I value Jason's opinions overall given his professional experience, but I find his recent enthusiasm with the Tesla CT/M3P and the 5N a bit out of character compared to his demeanor before the CT review. The amount of gushing over these EVs lately is a bit strong for me to take his opinions too seriously.

I'm sure the M3P is an exciting car to drive so I'll probably take one out for a demo drive when they arrive. It's not an enthusiast car, but I appreciate the performance it brings for the price (even if it's mostly from straight-line acceleration).
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2024, 04:11 PM   #33
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 17 Times in 6 Posts
Reminds me of the ricer argument before oo you can go straight in a fast line but what about the twistys(i was on the rice side)

D-Built 2.0 LSVTEC TURBO
beatdownvictim is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2024, 04:21 PM   #34
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 49 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
That's already stupid fast, I was driving a model x with 3.9 sec and it rips already. I really don't see why people hate on model 3, it drives fine, the low center of gravity really helps in turns and it feels very neutral to me. Grip and power delivery is fine even with the shitty eco tires. Unless you guys drift Richmond raceway daily I don't see how you guys say the car is bad if you think about what it is designed for. Try whipping a stock accord, Camry, or a cla around, anything else in the same price bracket.
I don't think people are legitimately hating on it. The price dropped quite a bit, so it's obvious Tesla is heading in a different direction with this performance model.

The last M3P was heavier and less aerodynamic yet achieved the same straight line time. Meaning the better motor on this one isn't being taken advantage for the Canadian model. Hopefully software updates change that, otherwise the motor power is a step back from last gen.
forcedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 04:50 PM   #35
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,451 Times in 1,440 Posts
Failed 2,380 Times in 472 Posts
I heard the new M3P do better at higher speed. Max power is said to be now at 110km/h instead of 70-80 in older model. For sure 1/4mile should be quicker, let's wait for first run.

After 4 yrs of driving, 3.4s is the quickest my feet can do in public hwy and my head still hurt (if you have ever driven one, you know how it feels)
asian_XL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 04:55 PM   #36
RabidMod

Thanked 1,322 Times in 475 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatdownvictim View Post
Reminds me of the ricer argument before oo you can go straight in a fast line but what about the twistys(i was on the rice side)
Actually now it's not even "but what about the twisties" because Teslas do fine on the track.

Now it's people insisting "oo but it's got no soul. no fun to drive!!"
Old 04-25-2024, 06:24 PM   #37
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,870 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 191 Times in 118 Posts
^^ complains about no exhaust sounds, but everything Even more expensive cars are 4 bangers hybrids or 3 cylinder turbos
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote