REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-12-2024, 09:58 AM   #26
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,822 Times in 5,893 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
wooz wooz
Ahh I get it… I get jokes…
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2024, 10:01 AM   #27
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,609 Times in 1,756 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
-gotta be extra careful with summer driving especially if you're driving near highway entrances and exits. Some people are driving in areas where they are unfamiliar with streets.

I was driving southbound on Willingdon last weekend. A driver in his old Dodge pick up truck and truck bed camper was driving northbound on Willingdon.

That motherfucker does a U-turn in front of me and wifey! -had to slam on the brakes because Convoy man missed the Willingdon exit on his right to go on to Highway 1.

-gave the idiot a couple of F bombs before I drove past him.
Old 07-12-2024, 10:35 AM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
I always drive with the mindset of: expect the absolute worst from people at all times.

It's the only way to always be aware of people's unfathomable stupidity. I would argue shitty driving isn't unique to the heat. People here (in all cities, not just Richmond) are horrible in all conditions. People drive poorly in good weather and it only gets worse when it rains or snows.
I'm the same way, but don't you find this stressful? I'm super defensive, but it's super mentally draining.

The worst scenario for me is when my lane has no traffic in front of me and there is backed up traffic in another lane, I get anxiety that someone from that backed up lane is just going to cut into the open lane and i'll plow right into them. I hate that set up when I'm driving.
PeanutButter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2024, 10:46 AM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,181 Times in 1,967 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
I'm not sure what's going on in this city.

In the span of 5 years I've owned 3 brand new vehicles, all of which have been involved in fender benders of no fault of my own, I haven't had this many accidents in my life. The burn is that each of these cars have literally been brand new, so each time I've taken a hit on my residual.

2019 - My 2019 Honda Civic Turbo was smoked in the rear by a drunk/high lady on Hastings/Willingdon as I was driving into the Chevron at 2PM on a Sunday.

$5K in damage.

2022 - My 2021 VW GLI was hit hard on the passenger side on 12th street when an elderly Asian man decided to drive right into the left turning lane from my right, taking my wheels off the ground. Another one in broad daylight.

$12K in damage.

2024 - Literally 2 days ago. My 2024 Mazda 3 Turbo AWD was hit in the rear/right bumper as I was driving down Davie towards Granville. The vehicle (an N driver) decided to merge into the left lane from his parking spot as I was passing without looking into the road, hitting my rear/right bumper. The damage isn't too bad, but it's a claim for sure.

These were all non-fault but all affect my resale value. The is easily the worst luck I've had in my 20+ years of driving.

I'm almost done buying new vehicles, at this point my next might be something used and older, it's too stressful driving new cars in this city nowadays.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2024, 11:00 AM   #30

Yea.. as I said in the ICBC thread.. our G37 worth what.. 15k has had 13k in damages caused while parked.

People are just fucking careless. Not to mention literally -everyone- is on their fucking phones
Old 07-12-2024, 11:29 AM   #31
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 64 Times in 21 Posts
Wow this is where leasing is worth it. Someone hits your car, no problem just return it to the lessor and walk away. The accident claim on your car will make you lose more money then a lease and I dont think in BC you can sue for diminished values.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2024, 11:56 AM   #32
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post

In the span of 5 years I've owned 3 brand new vehicles, all of which have been involved in fender benders of no fault of my own, I haven't had this many accidents in my life. The burn is that each of these cars have literally been brand new, so each time I've taken a hit on my residual.

2019 - My 2019 Honda Civic Turbo was smoked in the rear by a drunk/high lady on Hastings/Willingdon as I was driving into the Chevron at 2PM on a Sunday.

$5K in damage.

2022 - My 2021 VW GLI was hit hard on the passenger side on 12th street when an elderly Asian man decided to drive right into the left turning lane from my right, taking my wheels off the ground. Another one in broad daylight.

$12K in damage.

2024 - Literally 2 days ago. My 2024 Mazda 3 Turbo AWD was hit in the rear/right bumper as I was driving down Davie towards Granville. The vehicle (an N driver) decided to merge into the left lane from his parking spot as I was passing without looking into the road, hitting my rear/right bumper. The damage isn't too bad, but it's a claim for sure.

These were all non-fault but all affect my resale value. The is easily the worst luck I've had in my 20+ years of driving.

I'm almost done buying new vehicles, at this point my next might be something used and older, it's too stressful driving new cars in this city nowadays.
I got rear ended at a red light in January near Coquitlam Centre. That one was nasty. Luckily no pain/stiffness except for the 12 hours after the accident. Claim was 12k.

Last month, got rear ended again with traffic moving 5km/h on Willingdon northbound. Bumper has some minor scratches and small dent.

You should be publicly shamed if you rear end someone when traffic is barely moving or stopped.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2024, 12:32 PM   #33

This fucking old clown rear ended me at that on ramp to Willingdon by the head office McDonald’s going south bound, was driving my wife’s old Elantra

Was a fairly minor bump but was enough I knew the bumper would be scratched etc. immediately I hop out and look at the guy like wtf are you fucking kidding me bro? I wasn’t even moving..

He hops out and gives me the attitude of like oh it’s nothing etc. I look and I can’t really determine if there’s an old scratch or new scratch, so I turn to the guy and was like alright.. gonna need a detail at least.. give me $500.. he starts tripping..

I’m like uhg k fine.. give me your info then..

He’s like uhhh… uhhhh… you give me YOUR info!!!

Think about it for a sec.. ffs… just got in the car and drove away
Old 07-12-2024, 12:58 PM   #34
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,100 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
i havent been in an accident in a while *knocks on wood* but fuck me i see all sort of driving tomfuckery since i moved to surrey. surrey drivers are the new richmond drivers. u-turns, park anywhere with hazards, turn without warning, etc... and those are just the run of the mill stupid drivers.. the really dangerous ones are the international students driving mustangs and camaros like 100+ down city streets at night blasting bhangra music
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2024, 03:05 PM   #35
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,198 Times in 1,248 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
Reading this thread while parked waiting to pick up kid from summer school. Now I’m scared I’ll get hit from out of nowhere!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2024, 03:32 PM   #36
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,863 Times in 1,309 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts

Italian grandpa in a Lexus TX cut me off this morning coming out of a side street. He didn't even stop for the stop sign.

The last few accidents have been me getting sideswiped because the other person just wasn't paying attention. 13k damage on the M3 in 2022 from a 18yr old in a Challenger, pregnant wife and kid in car as well. Wife had to be monitored for 48 hours.

The last one was April in Richmond from a Chinese girl with her N.

I'm gonna die on the road one of these days because of idiots, either from a car accident or an aneurysm.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2024, 04:02 PM   #37

People fucking turn across traffic and they are looking THE OTHER WAY than the direction you’re turning..
Old 07-12-2024, 04:49 PM   #38
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
What really pisses me off is when someone does something f*cking stupid and they don't even say sorry or give you a wave.

I get it, sometimes you do stupid sh*t, but at least acknowledge it.
PeanutButter is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2024, 04:59 PM   #39

Thanked 10,110 Times in 3,622 Posts
Failed 468 Times in 233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Italian grandpa in a Lexus TX cut me off this morning coming out of a side street. He didn't even stop for the stop sign.

The last few accidents have been me getting sideswiped because the other person just wasn't paying attention. 13k damage on the M3 in 2022 from a 18yr old in a Challenger, pregnant wife and kid in car as well. Wife had to be monitored for 48 hours.

The last one was April in Richmond from a Chinese girl with her N.

I'm gonna die on the road one of these days because of idiots, either from a car accident or an aneurysm.
how you know he was Italian!?

how you know your wife was pregnant!?

how you know she was CHINESE girl?
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2024, 05:05 PM   #40
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,266 Times in 4,627 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
Car is white. Tells people it’s blue. EvoFire - not sure about this guy anymore…
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2024, 05:07 PM   #41

Thanked 10,110 Times in 3,622 Posts
Failed 468 Times in 233 Posts
its a fucking wrap!!!! i swear
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2024, 05:50 PM   #42
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 31 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
What really pisses me off is when someone does something f*cking stupid and they don't even say sorry or give you a wave.

I get it, sometimes you do stupid sh*t, but at least acknowledge it.
Exactly! You honk them cuz they pulled some retarded shit and they have the audacity to honk back!
jjson is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2024, 07:44 PM   #43
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Or you don't even do anything and they lose their shit as if you're the asshole.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2024, 09:12 PM   #44
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,532 Times in 1,722 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
I'm the same way, but don't you find this stressful? I'm super defensive, but it's super mentally draining.

The worst scenario for me is when my lane has no traffic in front of me and there is backed up traffic in another lane, I get anxiety that someone from that backed up lane is just going to cut into the open lane and i'll plow right into them. I hate that set up when I'm driving.
My cars are 1990 and 1998. It's either stay vigilant or risk having them instantly totaled by an idiot driver. I'll take the former, thank you lol.

Even with that mindset, I couldn't avoid having my 1990 DX hatch destroyed by a taxi. Happened as I was crossing no.3 road while driving straight down Cambie rd (just outside of Aberdeen). This fuckwad taxi without even checking pulled a fucking u-turn in the opposite direction from his left turn lane. I was already in the intersection when he did this, no chance to stop in time. My front bumper was clipped hard on the driver's side. I got out and literally yelled "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?" with my hands in the air.

Started to exchange info with this idiot and I notice him looking at my car. I asked what he was looking at. He asks "if you got hit on this side, why did the other side pop out?". Buddy, fuck you. You caused the fucking accident, stop acting like you suddenly graduated with a degree in physics.

Luckily I had a witness who stepped forward. She was walking her dog on the sidewalk as this all happened. Thanks to her statement and mine, I was found to be not at fault. This was back in the day so I hired a lawyer and sued for extra. In the end, it took about 4-5 years but I got paid. Fuck that guy. I hope he lost his job, moron like that shouldn't be driving for a living.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2024, 09:14 PM   #45
in the butt

Thanked 3,524 Times in 1,284 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
On topic of taxis, anyone else have a love for cutting off taxi drivers at every opportunity?

I do

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2024, 09:33 PM   #46
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,100 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
I give them the same courtesy as i would expect them to give me
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2024, 10:12 PM   #47
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,863 Times in 1,309 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
On topic of taxis, anyone else have a love for cutting off taxi drivers at every opportunity?

I do
My problem are more with Uber and Lyft drivers. Erratic, slow, stopping at weird places. Taxi drivers typically have done this for a living as a full time job for years, there's a few bad ones (ok a lot of bad ones) but they are much more predictable. It's not the same as some one who are doing this for a few hours a week and have no idea where they are going.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2024, 10:22 PM   #48
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
You know driving in Vancouver is fucked when taxi drivers are considered better than Uber and Lyft drivers. Not to mention the once in a blue moon Evo drivers and the high schoolers in their parents Tesla.

Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2024, 11:06 PM   #49
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post

$5K in damage.

$12K in damage.

lol, I had 2 hit-and-runs while parked, and 2 on road accidents all within the span of 5 years on a brand new car. No fault on my part.

Then my wife's car also had a hit-and-run while parked within that same window of time.

I got to buddy up with the manager at the auto shop cause I was becoming a frequent customer. At least later down the road, I was able to get him to help me paint some car parts for free since I gave him all that business.

My car already has piss poor resale value. With all these accidents in the record book, I might as well keep it until the wheels fall off.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2024, 11:16 PM   #50

Thanked 1,808 Times in 934 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjson View Post
Exactly! You honk them cuz they pulled some retarded shit and they have the audacity to honk back!
Sometimes I don't know what's worse. The idiots who pull shit then get aggressive back at you for calling them out or the ones who do stupid shit and are super confused and really have no idea wtf they just did.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"

Last edited by winson604; 07-13-2024 at 09:14 AM.
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: