REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-31-2024, 01:01 PM   #126
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,277 Times in 4,630 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Isn’t that the guy who does hagerty videos ?!
Sir. Here is an artifact from the Revscene history archives.

This hits home for you because the victim is actually the Lexus.

Anybody know Anthony Espinosa / Concept Motors? Scammed out of $40K
Advertisement
Quote:
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2024, 01:26 PM   #127
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,631 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
dukes just non-stop trollin today, someone churn your butter or what
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 01:29 PM   #128
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,135 Times in 3,626 Posts
Failed 468 Times in 233 Posts
Probably manmeet tried to sign him up for Fido
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 03:15 PM   #129
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,247 Times in 613 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 40 Posts
Fido is crazy now, $70 NON-REFUNDABLE sign up fee, no more $50 sign up fee that gets refunded after 3 months.... fuuuuuuuuu

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 05:04 PM   #130

You didn’t talk to manmeet obviously. Pssshhh he was giving our major deals.
Old 07-31-2024, 09:02 PM   #131
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,003 Times in 232 Posts
Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
oh im gonna feel it tomorrow

paused speed deadlifts 3x3
weighted pullups 2x10
dumbbell rows 2x10
single lat pulldowns 2x10 each side
single arm superman cable curls 2x10 each side
hanging leg raises 3x10
Old 08-03-2024, 02:53 PM   #132
Performance Moderator

I started this July 25th at 183.4lbs

Today I weighed in at 179.2lbs

Not too bad! 4.2lbs less... I would like to get to 175
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2024, 03:00 PM   #133
RS Veteran

You probably didn't even have to try.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2024, 03:22 PM   #134

He’s a liar okay. The challenge is for him to GAIN weight. Just like Donk. These mfers should be forced to do the reverse of this challenge.

Try and catch up to me. Tubby ass McGee. Then you’ll get the ultimate prize (diabetes)
Old 08-03-2024, 09:22 PM   #135
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
You probably didn't even have to try.
lol I am walking 3-5km a day on an incline on the treadmill or around the block of my neighbourhood 2-3 times before work.

But also not snacking at all.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2024, 10:40 PM   #136

end of week check in.
only down 1lb due to too many meals with fattier cuts of meat.

thur:
45mins bike ride

fri:
competition bench 3x8
paused squats 2x3
30degree incline dumbbell bench 2x10
jm press 2x10
russian twist 3x10

sat:
rest/recovery day 20min sauna 2min cold plunge 20 steam 2min cold plunge 20 hot tub 2min cold plunge

today:
overhead press 3x8
rear delts flys 2x10
side raises 2x10
front raises 2x10
barbell curls 2x10
weight med ball situps with shoulder press at the top 3x10 (dont know the official name of this exercise)

Old 08-05-2024, 07:38 AM   #137
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,312 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
I had a beer while cooking dinner last night, then polished off a bag of chips after the kids went to bed.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 09:06 AM   #138
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,897 Times in 7,390 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Had about 30 beers this weekend, going to need to do a little reset to get back on track lol.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 01:46 PM   #139
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,567 Times in 1,511 Posts
Failed 853 Times in 284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
^ You aren't gonna lose 10lbs in a week unless you stopped eating for 4 days.
Then stop eating for 4 days. It’s called a water fast.

Losing weight is one of the physically easiest things to do.

Just stop eating.

4 days is extreme. You can do 24-48 hours once a month. 72 if you’re a tough guy.

Remember weight is like an accelerator pedal. It doesn’t matter how fucking slow you go after you hit the brakes… (how much weight you lose).

if your accelerator pedal is pressed to the same depth, your weight will always return to that level. And you’ll just be stuck in this up and down cycle forever. And you’ll hate yourself for it. And you’ll always lose.

Fasting is a way to hit the brakes very hard. But your accelerator pedal has to be PERMANENTLY pressed lighter (how much you stuff your fucking fat face).

Diets don’t work. Because of the very thing I just said.

Your perception of food has to change. Your lifestyle has to change. PERMANENTLY.

Food is a drug. And you’re a fucking junkie.

Step 1 feel shame. Like all junkies do

But step 2 never happens with food because the perception of food doesn’t change. You should feel slight disgust when you see junk food (drugs). Repulsed when you see others eat it. Repulsed at yourself for wanting to indulge.

Unless you’re bulking. Then yah. Eat away.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 01:53 PM   #140
I keep RS good

Walking has been proven to burn more calories than anything else.

But it has also been proven that working out is one of the least efficient ways to lose weight.

Eat a candy bar. 150-200 calories in. You know how much running or walking that takes? It is EASIER to just not eat that shit.

The thing you should be working on digging deep into your psyche and changing your perception on food.

You can still enjoy delicious food. Just eat less. Cut meals out. Fast. Smaller portions. Don’t snack. Don’t drink anything except water.

If you’ve lost weight before but gained it back and are stuck in this never ending battle… it means you’re fighting a losing battle. You’ll never win. Ever. Change your psyche. Food is for sustenance. Stop indulging in it. It’s a psychological problem. Not a working out problem.
Old 08-05-2024, 01:55 PM   #141
I keep RS good

There is an uncanny method… but it is harder than dieting lol.

If you’re a big boy and can’t control that food intake. You could just hit the weights like a mad man and become the hulk.
Old 08-05-2024, 03:25 PM   #142

Plz tell me you’re 500lb and in a wheelchair riddled with heart disease and diabetes.
Old 08-05-2024, 04:18 PM   #143
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by red kryptonite View Post
havent seen that gif in forever

lets keep this thread interesting. whats everyone doing for workouts and diet and game plan for the up coming months.

day 2:
workout: 40mins weights, 30mins cardio, walked to grab lunch instead of driving, took the stairs instead of the elevator.
diet: cut out the sugar(no snacking), no liquid calories(no fancy coffee drinks, just black), breakfast lunch and dinner i eat whatever i want, not really tracking calories yet.
game plan: cut weight training time down to 30mins of heavy sets, start kick boxing again for cardio, followed by some sauna time. start intermittent fasting at the end of summer, cut down eating window and track calories end of fall.
why just "the up coming months"? why not forever. well you can indulge here or there, like once a month or whatever. you can cancel it out easily by just not eating once a month either.

intermittent fasting should be permanent bro.

Quote:
Plz tell me you’re 500lb and in a wheelchair riddled with heart disease and diabetes.
yes, ive had 3 heart transplants and need to inject insulin every hour or else I'll die instantly.

I am not just preaching here. I do exactly as I say. im fitter than 95% of people my age, im fitter than 50% of people half my age. and I look half my age as well.

it's like smoking... if you hang around people that smoke, you'll never end up quitting. if you hang around fat-so's that are sucking back starbux mocha fuckachinos, and bubble tea's all day. snacking cuz the food is on the table... you're never going to win man.

you have to WANT it... want it bad enough that you see junk food as an enemy.

I keep zero pop at home. zero junk food. zero sugar sauces (bbq, ketchup etc). yeah I drink pop if im out at a nice dinner... and I'll fucking indulge and eat as much as I can at AYCE... but 99% of the time I'm eating so boring and clean... for so long... that it's just normal. and look in the mirror and I love it. I see food as sustenance now.

make rules for yourself. food is only allowed at the dinner table. not even on the kitchen counter, not at the computer. if you want to eat, you have to get your ass up and walk to the dinner table. that is the only place food is allowed to happen. especially no eating in bed... I don't even know why I have to mention that. it's a disgusting habit... the only liquid available at home is water. black coffee if youre a coffee drinker. sparkling water if you're fancy. not even diet soda (it still causes an insulin spike).

and like I said, if you love eating, then you should just be on a permanent bulk. but then you gotta put the effort in at the gym. it's either or. I can tell you lifting weights for the rest of your life is a lot harder than changing your psychological habits and perception of eating/food.

how many of you can actually say you sat down for a very prolonged period of time and treated it like a passion or hobby where you want to improve... like working out... except for food.

you weren't like that when you were a kid... it happened over decades. it's reversible. it will just take determination. you have to look in the mirror and hate what you see. so much so that you hate the thoughts, actions and substances that got you there.

you can do it.

and no you don't need ozempic or roids.
Old 08-05-2024, 04:32 PM   #144
I keep RS good

I will let you guys know that it wasn't just some self actualization shit.

15-20 years ago I ate shit, instant noodles every fucking day etc. I had zero clue about nutrition. obviously society is nutrition obsessed these days and I educated myself.

but more so, I saw people around me grow old and unhealthy, and I saw lots of deaths as well.

I duno if that shit doesn't scare you I duno what will.

as I approached 30 I saw more people with cancer. also all the chicks got fucking fat cuz they didnt stop sucking back their starbux. as I approach 40 the delta between those who are fit and those who didn't care... was... mind-blowing. the people that ate like shit, looked way older, cant even climb a few flights of stairs without huffing and puffing. and guaranteed they're gonna die 15-25 years younger than someone healthier.

observing the disparity between a 93 year old that can still bike around and do things themselves, vs a 70 year old that is half brain dead and crippled in a wheelchair...

watching people deteriorate and die woke me up. I don't want to die... not from some bullshit like "you didn't eat very well for the last 40 years...".

so yes... there is a major underlying factor that also drives me to do these things... fear.

and vanity. but mostly fear.

edit: and if you guys have the budget and time to go to Asia and do a FULL health inspection... it'll prob scare you even more. you WILL find shit that is wrong with you, and shit you can prevent lol. right now you're ignorant... you just don't know the half of it. you can only see what's on the scale and mirror. wait till they tell you what's wrong on the inside.
Old 08-05-2024, 05:19 PM   #145
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,184 Times in 1,969 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
^Can you fix your avatar? It drives me fucking nuts.

I agree with you on the dieting stuff though, this is why I recommend people to try to fast, I think it's the easiest way to lose weight, or at minimum tread water weight wise if you're not super disciplined about your diet.

If you aren't the type that can meal prep, eat the same boring and bland prepped dishes, 5-6 days a week, you won't see results through exercising alone. When I competed in boxing I always had a tough time staying on my meal plans. It's same reason I never bothered doing a bodybuilding show (much to the insult of my bodybuilder buddies) even though I've always hovered not far from stage shape. Those last few pounds takes serious discipline, and if you like tasty food, good fucking luck. If you like drinking too, extra good fucking luck.

Like Ulic said, if you don't have that boring food palate, eat your tasty food, but limit your meals. You want that burger and fries? Maybe skip breakfast/lunch that day, sit in that hunger, get used to it.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 05:37 PM   #146
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Like Ulic said, if you don't have that boring food palate, eat your tasty food, but limit your meals. You want that burger and fries? Maybe skip breakfast/lunch that day, sit in that hunger, get used to it.
yes.

hunger is the easiest pain to endure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
^Can you fix your avatar? It drives me fucking nuts.
no. I like it
Old 08-05-2024, 08:13 PM   #147
Performance Moderator

Jokes on you man, everyone constantly tells me I look like I'm in my 30's even tho I'm barrellng toward 50, got a full head of hair, no belly, play floor hockey and go to the gym I'm probably in better shape than almot anyone in my age range around me that I know of....

and I ate whatever the hell I wanted most of my life and still do!

You been being miserable for nothing lol

I mean I don't really drink and I don't smoke... but besides that just moderation... I still eat fried chicken and five guys sometimes.... get ice cream with my gf

What's the point of being miserable to live longer being miserable?

I actually do kind of enjoy the feeling of being hungry/fasting sometimes though, I stopped eating breakfast years ago and my energy levels went way up.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 09:00 PM   #148
in the butt

Thanked 3,527 Times in 1,285 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
and I ate whatever the hell I wanted most of my life and still do!
Im also waiting for this to catch up with me.

On a side note, how many of you are taking the position for weight loss?

and no i have not been watching gay porn during pride week

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 10:15 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post

intermittent fasting should be permanent bro.
i think this is the year i take IF semi-permanently. i actually dont feel hungry until 4pm. breakfast and lunch is more of a social thing for me. but with age i find myself more of a homebody and those "odd" hour dinners with friends are harder to come by. so the whole "1 meal day during a certain eating window" thing is more manageable now
Old 08-06-2024, 05:48 AM   #150
RS Veteran

Quote:
Having known Ulic for 15+ years, I'm having a hard time imagining this.
Quote: