REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-06-2024, 08:05 AM   #151
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,826 Times in 5,897 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
I think the biggest thing that make people look old and eventually die (young) is stress over diet generally.

I look at myself and other people have said as well I look young and have great skin, no wrinkles, etc.

People my age with 2-3 kids looking haggard af, generally out of shape, miserable lol. Tbh I don’t really blame them fuck like can’t imagine how you can find time for anything else if you e got a couple young kids
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2024, 08:19 AM   #152
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,356 Times in 1,271 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
At the end of the day I think genetics reign supreme, and then diet and exercise takes you the rest of the way. You can eat as healthy as you want but if every dude in your family died of cancer or a heart condition runs in the family then you're kinda fucked anyways whether you're fat or thin.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2024, 11:32 AM   #153
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
For me it's all about being able to sustain whatever your doing, I've never understand the keto thing as a long term solution. I like sugar, it's not a dirty word to me and I'm going to eat it, I try and reduce my intake but I won't stop eating it in some form.

Walking for me was the key to allow me to keep eating a little bit of shit and not being a complete fat fuck which I absolutely was for many years. If I had some photos from a few years back I'd post them but I never let anyone take them because I hated looking at myself.

This is me after the gym, I turn 50 next year. I drink in moderation, I smoke weed every single night and I cap off dinner with either some cookies or ice cream because I fucking love cookies and ice cream. I have cut down on the chips, I only buy them once in a while, that combined with walking was a game changer for me.

I went from almost 250 pounds down to 163 pounds, currently sitting at 175 +/- 3 pounds and I'm fine with it. I'm always going to have a bit of a belly, my hair fell out 20 years ago but I feel pretty good.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2024, 11:37 AM   #154
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,135 Times in 3,626 Posts
Failed 468 Times in 233 Posts
wow! youre like pulling a discount matt daemon (69stylez). no way you look 50!
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2024, 11:38 AM   #155
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,277 Times in 4,630 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
Totally not 50, man. GTFO.

Keep it up, quasi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2024, 11:56 AM   #156

Thanked 5,184 Times in 1,969 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Oh shit this is moving from just scales to post your actual progress physique thread
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2024, 12:00 PM   #157

Has anyone ever known someone who did Keto and either A) stuck to it, or B) kept the weight off?

I’m sure there are some but every single person I know lost a bunch of weight, looked like that typical Keto crack head, and then gained it all back
Old 08-06-2024, 12:06 PM   #158

isnt that like most diets/medications?

you go on ozempic, it works, then you fatten right back up when you stop it?
Old 08-06-2024, 12:13 PM   #159

I think it’s moreso these restrictive ones that fail.

If it’s just calories in calories out, at least you become a little bit more familiar with your intake. When you go from eating nothing but protein to eating rice and bread again it’s almost an instant state change and everything that results from that
Old 08-06-2024, 12:33 PM   #160

Thanked 31,897 Times in 7,390 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
I think for success the big diets like keto and shit have to be a massive change to spark a smaller long term change. Being at a reasonable weight then doing it to get shredded and getting off it you're going to go right back to prior weight, but being a 5 cokes a day and Tim's for every lunch kinda guy you could cut big amounts fast, then go back to a reasonable human diet you end up finding a good happy medium. I think the drastic weight loss of jumping into the deep end makes it easier to keep swimming in the shallow end as opposed to jumping right out. It's so psychological. If I was really heavy, or when I have been way overweight, it's so much harder to stick with it when there is so little noticeable progress. It's so easy to say "fuck it I don't care I'm just gonna eat and drink whatever cause it makes no difference."
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2024, 12:48 PM   #161

the human whales i saw on the cruise ship sure as hell didnt care. They were chugging back drinks like a machine and eating lbs and lbs of food like there was an incoming famine. If you get to that point then fuck it, why even try.

I think most of us are just a few lbs over here and there. Like im the fattest chinamen i know but even then its not completely outrageous. All of this is some sort of a vanity project to get into an "ideal" weight / shape when in reality, nobody gives a rats ass besides yourself. Unless youre like the above mentioned whales and you are outrageously fat.

yeah you can do it for your kids, for your spouse, etc, but as stated before its like 90% genetics and rolling dice with God. I started going to the gym in late feb this year because i was bored, then after going for a while, it turned into an addiction and i physically feel better.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2024, 05:47 PM   #162
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,277 Times in 4,630 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
You stopped wasting money and now Canada is worse off because of you. Stop going to the gym, asshole!
Quote:
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2024, 03:22 AM   #163
RabidMod

Thanked 1,343 Times in 484 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
All of this is some sort of a vanity project to get into an "ideal" weight / shape when in reality, nobody gives a rats ass besides yourself. Unless youre like the above mentioned whales and you are outrageously fat.

yeah you can do it for your kids, for your spouse, etc, but as stated before its like 90% genetics and rolling dice with God. I started going to the gym in late feb this year because i was bored, then after going for a while, it turned into an addiction and i physically feel better.
Being in better shape to me is kind of like having money in the bank. I like knowing I'm capable of running up that flight of stairs, even if I'm probably not going to. Or sprinting flat out through the airport terminal because the doors are about to close (ok, actually that happens on a weekly basis). I have more energy too when I'm at my target weight.
Old 08-07-2024, 08:14 AM   #164
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
I dunno man if it's a choice between being obese at the age of 70, bedridden and on death's door vs being relatively fit and able to travel and do other shit then for sure I'm going to get off my ass at age 40 if I can help it.

Again nothing is guaranteed in life and you may just be dealt a shit hand but like RabidRat says it's like saving for retirement, who else are you doing it for?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2024, 12:13 PM   #165
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,571 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Walking for me was the key to allow me to keep eating a little bit of shit and not being a complete fat fuck which I absolutely was for many years. If I had some photos from a few years back I'd post them but I never let anyone take them because I hated looking at myself.
wow, good for you, and with moderate drinking & sugar too!
how often (and long) do you walk if you don't mind sharing

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2024, 10:15 AM   #166

Thanked 7,575 Times in 2,536 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
Wanna see cardio for fat loss? Nearing 1000 calories an hour keeping under 130bpm, fasted LISS.

When I first started my cut I could maybe hit 300-400 calories per hour. I try to use the same machine each time to ensure there's no variability from machine to machine so I can track progress.

Hoping to actually peak 1k calories per hour before summer ends and I start bulking again.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2024, 02:55 PM   #167

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
wow, good for you, and with moderate drinking & sugar too!
how often (and long) do you walk if you don't mind sharing
I used to do it outside and I started slow maybe 1 Km, to 2, 3.5, 5 everyday. Eventually switched to jogging and trying to improve times.

The last year I go to the gym 4-5 days a week and I switched to treadmill, I do 2 miles (3.2km) or 3 miles just under 5km at the end of every workout (Depending how much time I have) at a speed walk pace and 7.5% incline. It's either 30 minutes or 45 minutes on the treadmill depending on distance.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2024, 09:17 PM   #168
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,003 Times in 232 Posts
Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
week 4/end of week update:
down another 2lbs, a little disappointed but not discouraged. i guess its time to step it up abit.

Old 08-12-2024, 05:07 AM   #169
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,567 Times in 1,511 Posts
Failed 853 Times in 284 Posts
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-aFI1PScv0/

took him a year to make it, i make no assumptions if he was bulking or just straight cutting or whatever. but the video has a decent message.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 05:19 AM   #170
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,567 Times in 1,511 Posts
Failed 853 Times in 284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Jokes on you man, everyone constantly tells me I look like I'm in my 30's even tho I'm barrellng toward 50, got a full head of hair, no belly, play floor hockey and go to the gym I'm probably in better shape than almot anyone in my age range around me that I know of....

and I ate whatever the hell I wanted most of my life and still do!

You been being miserable for nothing lol

I mean I don't really drink and I don't smoke... but besides that just moderation... I still eat fried chicken and five guys sometimes.... get ice cream with my gf

What's the point of being miserable to live longer being miserable?

I actually do kind of enjoy the feeling of being hungry/fasting sometimes though, I stopped eating breakfast years ago and my energy levels went way up.
I still eat whatever I want. Just I eat in moderation. I still have fried chicken and ice cream... but i don't have it everyday. I don't even have it once a week... or even once a month. Whenever it is convenient, and I don't seek these things out. If I'm out with friends at dinner, I'm going to eat and drink whatever the fuck I want. Cuz I don't have a problem shaving it off or hitting the gym or reverting back to my "normal" food lifestyle.

You automatically call it miserable, but there are many that have developed the discipline and pride in a strict diet. Food was never a drug for me. Not like I observe in the average person. I eat till I'm full and I'm done. If I didn't need to maintain a buffer figure I'd only eat 900-1200 calories a day and stay stick thin and be in a permanent calorie deficit.

if i could eat a pill or remove the need to eat, i would do it in an instant bro. it is beneath me. I would trade food and drink for a guaranteed much longer and healthier life in an instant.

mr olympias may live very miserable lives to us, spending 4-6 hours at the gym everyday... the difference is they enjoy it.

The people that eat less or more healthy... enjoy it. like i said before, it's a psychological issue, not a diet issue. you have to want it, and feel proud of it, and desire it more than most other things in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
At the end of the day I think genetics reign supreme, and then diet and exercise takes you the rest of the way. You can eat as healthy as you want but if every dude in your family died of cancer or a heart condition runs in the family then you're kinda fucked anyways whether you're fat or thin.
yeah that is true, but would you rather die at 60 from cancer, or be fat and unhealthy from 30 with diabetes, and die at 45-50 from cancer?

in your death bed you will embrace death, knowing you did everything you could in your power, vs wondering if you could have done more, mind full of regrets and if's and but's.

Everyone says they don't wanna be some 70-80 year old cripple, they'd rather die.

bro... bro... there are fucking 90-100 year olds that are still independent. those 70-80 year olds didn't leave very healthy lives and also probably had bad genetics. you're really gonna gamble that shit over some TASTE in your mouth?

it's a drug, you don't need to enjoy the most delicious fattening unhealthy shit on a chronic basis. it can be a treat, once a week, once a month, whatever works... just less than what it is now.

or are you waiting for the fear to kick in after you have had your first heart attack? or watch a loved one die knowing they could have been more healthy?

I'm not trying to shame or blast people into the ground. This is the attitude and mentality I have. Look in the mirror, if you feel shame or guilt or whatever it is, look at your face, frown, get angry, angry at yourself. channel that anger into useful energy. go for that run, get to the gym, throw that junk food away. whatever it is you were planning to do, JUST GET UP AND DO IT. Yell at yourself in the mirror if you have to. anyone can do it. you have to WANT IT... DO YOU WANT IT???

it sounds like everyone in this thread wants it... so what the fuck are you waiting for? what did you do today to contribute to it? It's a habitual thing that happens almost on a daily basis. like brushing your teeth and taking a shower. you can't just decide to do it a bunch and then stop. DO IT FOREVER. be a better version of yourself.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 08-12-2024 at 05:28 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 05:50 AM   #171

WHERES THE UPDATE FROM DARK0821532543242343211!?!?!?! hes the fat ass who started this shit
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 07:53 AM   #172
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
182.2 this morning, which is technically an improvement but it looks like I'm gonna have to step it up to actually get anywhere.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 09:19 AM   #173

Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,312 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
I had a cup noodle at 10pm last night cause I was hungry, then I had a beer.

I regretted the cup noodle cause I was too full for bed.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 10:13 AM   #174
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 22 Times in 18 Posts
Twins started daycare last week. Was with them at daycare during the day and then working evenings and nights to catch up.

Not a good week at all, zero walks, very little activity. I stayed away from the sugar for the most part which I will call a win.
Liquid_o2 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2024, 07:35 AM   #175

As per Mikes instructions didn’t fuck with the Donuts at a work meeting today (garb tims anyways)

That will surely offset the 20+ bottles of wine I participated in over the last weekend