REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-04-2024, 02:52 AM   #76
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,192 Times in 8,388 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Canadian women doing well in track, in #2 in hammer throw and #3 in 400m hurdles. Hopefully their genetics are acceptable to the boomers here!
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2024, 08:04 AM   #77
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,356 Times in 1,271 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
So is the solution for women with the wrong genetics to fight men instead of other women?
There's no solution that's going to make everyone happy, I don't think they should be fighting men either. It's a rare enough condition that they can't even make a separate category so do you try and make it fair for 99% of the athletes or let one person have the advantage? Do we just open it right up and let trans women compete too? I'm sure your opinion will be a lot different than mine but I'm not gonna start hurling far left insults at you.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2024, 09:18 AM   #78
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,214 Times in 2,290 Posts
Failed 1,143 Times in 311 Posts
Djokivic got his gold medal in tennis.
Pretty good match!
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2024, 02:17 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
There's no solution that's going to make everyone happy, I don't think they should be fighting men either. It's a rare enough condition that they can't even make a separate category so do you try and make it fair for 99% of the athletes or let one person have the advantage? Do we just open it right up and let trans women compete too? I'm sure your opinion will be a lot different than mine but I'm not gonna start hurling far left insults at you.
I just don't think the 'condition' is something to be concerned about.

The trans debate is a whole other can of worms lol. There's an actual debate there, not just boomer nonsense over a woman who looks masculine.
Old 08-04-2024, 03:17 PM   #80
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,611 Times in 1,757 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Another gold medal for Canada!

Ethan Katzberg wins a gold medal in the hammer throw.

-Katzberg is from Nanaimo. World champion in the hammer throw

https://youtu.be/WeBq2F38BFk?si=o8gm5MmhU7F4SIE3
Old 08-04-2024, 03:49 PM   #81
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,535 Times in 2,637 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
And BTW the only reason you're going after this person now is because of the accusations of her being trans. Without that, everyone would be fine with her just like they were at the last Olympics. Just like nobody goes after any random rugby player who is huge and strong in a physical sport because of genetics or whatever.
If you had actually bothered to read what I wrote before, you would have known right from the start in both the Trump thread as well as this Olympic thread that I have mentioned how the issue is not about Khelif being trans, but my initial reading from a newspaper at the suggestion that she has DSD. Of course, you can choose to selectively read what you want to read, and I can't stop that. You can also choose to continually harp about how I am making this a trans issue, when I have indicated a few times that it isn't.

Quote:
She was the same person then that she is now, but this time the usual suspects on twitter got all the people to pile on with hatred and ignorance because someone quit a match 45 seconds in. And after it got disproven, it just has to continue for whatever reason. Now it's "grey area" and "genetics" an "DND" or whatever
It is "DSD", which stands for "Differences of Sexual Development", not "DND". If you were going to use it as a point of discussion, at least make an effort into getting right. Otherwise, you'll just come across as being dismissive to begin with, and not really interested in what the other party has to say.

If that's the case, what's the point of even bothering to discuss the matter?

Quote:
All this talk about categories of "genetics" as if you care about genetics.
At the heart of it, you are correct that genetics is not the top of my concern. The biggest thing I would like to see in competitive sports is fair play. As I have already mentioned in post #68 though, for better or for worse, society has chosen "gender" to be the deciding factor in how we separate athletes into different categories to ensure fair play, and the presence of what chromosomes pair a person has is the implicitly understood reason on how athletes are categorized.

It is not a perfect system, but no system ever is. Just because you do not think the condition is something to be concerned about does not determine whether the condition is actually something to be concerned about. Citing how Khelif is not undefeatable has no bearing on whether the condition provides an athletic advantage over competitors who do not have that condition. The single most important criteria is whether Khelif has the DSD condition or not, but nobody knows the answer to that.

FYI, there is a real debate behind DSD athletes and the requirements they have been made to comply with in order to compete as well. The World Athletics Council sees it as an important enough condition to put a rule in place to limit blood testosterone level for DSD athletes. Meanwhile, Olympic champion runner Caster Semenya is a DSD athlete, and has taken the competition requirements to the European Court of Human Rights on the basis of discrimination against athletes with her condition. So it isn't just some boomer nonsense.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2024, 04:20 PM   #82
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,282 Times in 2,054 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
^ yah, sometimes this guy gets on this soapbox, just because he had time to take a deeper dive on it before everyone else and groups everyone who have honest questions about it. He creates this strawman compilation that must be MAGA, boomer, white, transphobic, bleh bleh bleh. I just ignore his pompous ass when he gets into that mood. In other topics or threads, he acts like a normal person.

I recall in previous Olympics, sincere and honest questions were also raised about Caster Semenya, the South African runner.

I see a forum like this to learn, ask questions, and discuss. It ruins it when someone demeans and dismisses ... and he is suppose to be a 'moderator'.

mod·er·a·tor
/ˈmädəˌrādər/
1. an arbitrator or mediator.
"Egypt managed to assert its role as a regional moderator"
2. a person who moderates an internet forum or online discussion.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2024, 05:13 PM   #83

I'm not a moderator lol. I'm not moderating anyone or anything. I am not editing peoples posts or banning people or shit all.

I have a disagreement with someone who thinks they are a genetics expert and is only raising an issue because he thought there was a trans athlete in the Olympics.

Nobody would be talking about this boxer if people didn't accuse her of being trans. Don't pretend that isn't true.

And if you get mad at being called a boomer, you're kind of being a snowflake. You can call me "woke" or "leftard" or any of the other names, and I don't care. It's just shit talking on a forum, who cares?
Old 08-04-2024, 06:25 PM   #84

Thanked 3,356 Times in 1,271 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
You sure like to harp on stuff that people have already said they're not doing. Once a credible argument by someone else is made you just go back to saying the same untrue shit like you never even read their posts. No one here thinks it's a trans issue but go on keep bringing it up.

Boomer, deranged, snowflake etc. please StARt TaLkING LiKe ThIs NeXt so we can really start to take you seriously. Shit talking on a forum that takes me back, but I thought we are like 40 now lol.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2024, 08:13 PM   #85

2024 Summer Olympics in Paris, France

Back to Olympic chat!

An exciting photo finish for the men’s 100m final. Noah Lyles backs up his talk with a gold medal win.

He beats the Jamaican runner Kishan Thompson by 5/1000 of a second. .005 seconds!

https://youtu.be/GiZXl2FJwwk?feature=shared

Lyles torso crossed the finish line first:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 08-05-2024 at 11:13 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2024, 10:27 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
You sure like to harp on stuff that people have already said they're not doing. Once a credible argument by someone else is made you just go back to saying the same untrue shit like you never even read their posts. No one here thinks it's a trans issue but go on keep bringing it up.

Boomer, deranged, snowflake etc. please StARt TaLkING LiKe ThIs NeXt so we can really start to take you seriously. Shit talking on a forum that takes me back, but I thought we are like 40 now lol.
Because there's nothing else to talk about. "I thought she was trans, but she's not, so it must be some other genetic issue that caused her to be strong" is the point you guys are making. It's a point without any basis, except from a dubious blood test from a disgraced former boxing organization that has been dropped by the IOC and then moved to disgraced country Russia from Switzerland..

So what else is there to say?

Forget boomer or anything else. I'll apologize for that if it genuinely upset you. I'm sorry.

But it's a bad take and that's that. You don't know anything about this person's genetics, so you don't have an argument.

There's nothing more that can be said really.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2024, 10:42 PM   #87
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,214 Times in 2,290 Posts
Failed 1,143 Times in 311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Back to Olympic chat!

An exciting photo finish for the men’s 100m final. Noah Lyles backs up his talk with a gold medal win.

He beats the Jamaican runner Kishan Thompson by 5/1000 of a second. .005 seconds!

https://youtu.be/GiZXl2FJwwk?feature=shared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
totally believe in the heart of the cards lmao.

anyone see that Chinese male swimmer completely killing it this year in the "slowest" swimming olympics tho...

like he's good, but holy shit is he fucking fast.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 04:04 AM   #88

Spain vs Netherlands beach volleyball was an AWESOME game. I won't spoil it but you should watch that one.

Canada plays USA to meet the winner of that game in the semifinals
Old 08-05-2024, 05:50 AM   #89

If you're into tennis, some good stories:

Djokovic beats Alcaraz, Alcaraz has had Joker's number for the past few Grand Slams, Joker finishes the Golden Slam, Gold medal is the only event that he has not won up till now.

Canadian mixed doubles team also medalled.
Old 08-05-2024, 11:34 AM   #90

Thanked 5,184 Times in 1,969 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
You guys sound crazy as hell arguing about that boxer

There has been a lot of misinformation spread on this whole debacle. Either way check the girl she's fighting next:

They all kinda look like dudes
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 02:37 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
You guys sound crazy as hell arguing about that boxer

There has been a lot of misinformation spread on this whole debacle. Either way check the girl she's fighting next:

They all kinda look like dudes
If some loser quit after one punch from her, this is who everyone would be going after instead. You can see how (non offensive word) this is
Old 08-07-2024, 07:41 PM   #92
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,826 Times in 5,897 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
That mens 100m was insane

Fuck it’s incredible when athletes are cocky or confident and they actually step up and perform. Lyles what an incredible race.

Was saying to my wife that like the Olympics in a lot of ways show how crazy F1 is. So of course like a swimmer, or a track athlete, etc. they compete quite a bit outside of the Olympics but a gold medal is the ultimate prize. It might be only one time in those 4 years you even get a shot and if the stars don’t align perfectly you miss your chance. Could be anything, jet lag, didn’t eat right, didn’t sleep, just didn’t have it

F1 drivers have to literally be at their peak performance 1000% concentration once a week in a different time zone, potentially across the globe, for up to 2 hours or more, 24 times a year.

If you’ve ever ridden a motor cycle I find that is the only thing I can think of that is basically requiring your full attention 99% of the time.
Old 08-07-2024, 07:59 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
That mens 100m was insane

Fuck it’s incredible when athletes are cocky or confident and they actually step up and perform. Lyles what an incredible race.

Was saying to my wife that like the Olympics in a lot of ways show how crazy F1 is. So of course like a swimmer, or a track athlete, etc. they compete quite a bit outside of the Olympics but a gold medal is the ultimate prize. It might be only one time in those 4 years you even get a shot and if the stars don’t align perfectly you miss your chance. Could be anything, jet lag, didn’t eat right, didn’t sleep, just didn’t have it

F1 drivers have to literally be at their peak performance 1000% concentration once a week in a different time zone, potentially across the globe, for up to 2 hours or more, 24 times a year.

If you’ve ever ridden a motor cycle I find that is the only thing I can think of that is basically requiring your full attention 99% of the time.
I found this interesting - if they still used a gun to start races, he might have lost due to the speed of sound being too slow to make up the time between first and second!

Old 08-07-2024, 08:26 PM   #94
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,826 Times in 5,897 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Yea, I saw somthing that said 3/1000th is equivalent to a single flap of a bees wings
Old 08-08-2024, 01:13 PM   #95
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 41 Times in 16 Posts
Team US Men Basketball almost need to assemble their Redeem Team early.
Joker & team were leading the whole game

What are they going to do without Lebron, Curry, & Cupcake Durant 4 year later ?
Tatum kept warming the bench

Last edited by Bender Unit; 08-08-2024 at 02:13 PM.
Bender Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2024, 01:28 PM   #96
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,535 Times in 2,637 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Damn... apparently our Olympic bronze medal pole vaulter, Alysha Newman, has an OF (side?) hussle, and makes over Cdn $2M from the platform.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/cana...ar-side-hustle

Might need to go check her out.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2024, 02:05 PM   #97

Was she the one that twerked after winning bronze? I think pole vault is her side hustle, OF is her main dish.
Old 08-08-2024, 02:35 PM   #98

Looks like it's just bikini pics, no different than a typical IG account. Maybe a bit of nipple is shown, or a bare bum (edit after further investigation: or some asshole behind thong)

Good for her getting $2 million a year for that!
Old 08-08-2024, 02:49 PM   #99

Noah Lyles gets the bronze medal in the 200m final after testing positive for Covid.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/olympics/ar...s-200-m-final/

-quite impressive that a world class athlete can still medal even though he's sick with Covid.

The Botswana runner Letsile Tebogo had a big lead as he run across the finish line to win the gold medal. No strong finish from Lyles.

He gets a second bronze medal to go with his bronze medal at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics in the 200m. -can't win them all!
Old 08-08-2024, 03:30 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Noah Lyles gets the bronze medal in the 200m final after testing positive for Covid.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/olympics/ar...s-200-m-final/

-quite impressive that a world class athlete can still medal even though he's sick with Covid.

The Botswana runner Letsile Tebogo had a big lead as he run across the finish line to win the gold medal. No strong finish from Lyles.

He gets a second bronze medal to go with his bronze medal at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics in the 200m. -can't win them all!
If he did that during the pandemic people would be rioting saying it's proof covid is fake news