REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Tech Archives

Tech Archives Where did the old tech forums go? Right here..... The search function has been enabled.

Old 07-25-2002, 10:27 AM   #1
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 91 Posts
Post To all members of the Performance Forum

The [Level II] forum is for technical issues, projects, specification related debates, and other performance and handling related questions or comments.

1 - Please keep all posts pertaining to costs, recommended shops, and other non-technical related issues in the "[Level I] forum".

2 - Please keep all smack talk, arguing, bitching, moaning, slagging, dissing, and other non-technical related stuff in the other forums.

The [Level II] forum is a non-flame zone from now on

Why are we doing this?
Not because we're a drooling bunch of power hungry twats intent on making you post based on our rules.

We're doing this because it will make it better for all involved to find information about suspension setups, motor info, swaps, etc.

Hopefully this will be a positive move for our forum. We have a great bunch of regulars, and new members coming online daily. Let's do what it takes to make this a serious place for tech info.

any issues, post here or PM one of the performance moderators.

Thanks.
Advertisement

Last edited by originalhypa; 07-25-2002 at 10:28 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2002, 11:10 AM   #2
they call me the snowman

Post LEVEL 2 TECH: suitable topics list

Level 2 tech posts.

In level 2 tech we talk about a lot of things.
Past experiences, like that time you built a b18/VTEC, or installed urethane bushings. Or your new plan to build a 600whp mustang, and want to talk about how to go about doing it. Or maybe you have some downdraft testing to be done on your wing and want to share this info with those who "talk the talk". Remember that time you stripped down your i-vtec motor, we want to hear about it here. Or if you just changed to a big brake system and want to comment on the differences, post it here.

Level 2 tech in NOT the place to find out where the best deal for a motor is, or who installs drop coils. Most of the level 2 tech members have been building and racing cars for years, and we don't want to talk about the basics anymore.

So here's the deal.
If you post in here, make it a good post. Think to yourself "Is this something that would be better suited for tech 1?" because if it is, it will be moved there. If your post is moved, don't take it personally. I have given the mods a duty to keep this forum clean. If you have an issue with a topic, or think it deserves to remain in level 2, PM me. We're still defining what goes where, and need you, the members to let us know what you want.

If you continue to post unsuitable topics in level 2 tech after recieving a warning from the mods, you will be permanently removed from the forum, no questions asked.
Old 09-16-2002, 04:41 PM   #3
they call me the snowman

Post level 2 tech:suitable topics list

Level 2 tech posts.

In level 2 tech we talk about a lot of things.
Past experiences, like that time you built a b18/VTEC, or installed urethane bushings. Or your new plan to build a 600whp mustang, and want to talk about how to go about doing it. Or maybe you have some downdraft testing to be done on your wing and want to share this info with those who "talk the talk". Remember that time you stripped down your i-vtec motor, we want to hear about it here. Or if you just changed to a big brake system and want to comment on the differences, post it here.

Level 2 tech in NOT the place to find out where the best deal for a motor is, or who installs drop coils. Most of the level 2 tech members have been building and racing cars for years, and we don't want to talk about the basics anymore.

So here's the deal.
If you post in here, make it a good post. Think to yourself "Is this something that would be better suited for tech 1?" because if it is, it will be moved there. If your post is moved, don't take it personally. I have given the mods a duty to keep this forum clean. If you have an issue with a topic, or think it deserves to remain in level 2, PM me. We're still defining what goes where, and need you, the members to let us know what you want.

If you continue to post unsuitable topics in level 2 tech after recieving a warning from the mods, you will be permanently removed from the forum, no questions asked.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:04 PM   #4
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Failed 83 Times in 30 Posts
ATTN: ALL POSTERS IN L2 Tech

I am the latest member of the RS mods. I will be looking after this forum with, um....2 other guys..uh HyperREV and fuzebox.

So anyways you all know the rules.

-Moderate flaming allowed. no ABUSE THO. this is supposed to be a helpful place for helping each other make MO' Powa

ALL RS RULES ALSO APPLY HERE.

-Please keep ICQ type conversations in PM form, meaning NOT HERE

-NO newbie questions. ie: who sells cheap air filters, who does cheap labour, does the "Tornado" intake really work?

-Please do a search BEFORE posting a question theat may have been answered 100s of times before

Now I don't claim to know everything about cars so feel free to correct me if i spout erroneous facts.

Break the rules, get a warning. Repetedly break the rules, get banned or something like that.

I will try to be fair. Don't make me come over to your house and ass-rape you.

Thanx, and have fun Don't worry. I always have a tube of "KY" on hand

Last edited by Psykopathik; 08-26-2003 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:06 PM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
AAAAAAAAAUUUUGGHHH!!

Cower, all!!! Before the great mighty Turbo E!!!

Obey his command or perish!!!!

Grovel for your life and live in fear!!!!
Old 11-07-2002, 05:19 PM   #6
they call me the snowman

Re: ATTN: ALL POSTERS IN L2 Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Turbo E
I will be looking after this forum with, um....2 other guys..uh HyperREV and fuzebox.
don't forget me, as I am Supermod!

that is all.
carry on.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:37 AM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 190 Times in 70 Posts
I locked my keys in my car, can you help me?
Old 04-29-2003, 04:05 PM   #8
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Failed 83 Times in 30 Posts
I have a brick you can borrow.