REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 10-27-2015, 12:10 PM   #21176
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,431 Times in 486 Posts
Failed 243 Times in 94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Almost two years together with you! Excited to celebrate our anniversary once again at the first restaurant I took you to when you were living alone and too lazy to cook or eat anything aside from instant noodles

Except I have no idea what to surprise you with. I always try and think of getting you something useful, something thoughtful, but always fail? I've gifted you jewelry, clothes, shoes, bags, all those things, I don't want to gift you more of that more material-ish stuff (aside from the small things you've said you want).

Too bad we have time constraints otherwise I'd take you for a brief roadtrip somewhere.

Any ideas?

Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #21177
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,849 Times in 1,842 Posts
Failed 970 Times in 279 Posts
^ This. You've already said many times that shes perfect and wifey material.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:46 PM   #21178
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Failed 150 Times in 53 Posts
^
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2015, 01:58 AM   #21179
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 5 Times in 2 Posts
What I thought would be smooth sailing turned out to pain me even more. Be yourself and do what you like and your journey will be happier than the one blurred by extrinsic motivators. While being yourself is a good start, one must also better themselves. It isn't enough to halt and paralyze yourself within your comfort zone. One must break through the barrier to reach for the "stars". Create goals that are actually attainable and list out points that will help you do just that. People who are ambitious and take the steps to reach their goals will attain utopia within themselves. The road is clear to them and no single distraction will induce them to leave their path.

I admire the persistence that some people have in following their dreams. And looking at some of those people today after years, they look like they really enjoy their work and have become very successful.
<3 envee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2015, 01:01 PM   #21180
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 46 Posts
Buddy: Cut her off bro.
Me: it ain't that easy homie. This one is different.
604778 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2015, 03:47 PM   #21181
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
talk about bad timing x3 .... seems to be the theme for the second half of 2015.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2015, 05:56 PM   #21182
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Failed 2 Times in 1 Post
I truly am thankful for everyone who has read and given their thoughts on my topic, this thread is one that has helped me understand a lot more to do with not just love, but life as a whole. We usually can't talk heart to heart but when it's on this board, I feel like you can share anything without being judged (except for inhumane shit, then you must be batshit crazy) I know that I am not alone, it's just the way we perceive things differently and how we react to the situation that enlightens me to change my thinking and build a stronger case for the future.

Being a hopeless romantic is a double-edged sword, people come to you for advice but you never follow the words you have given. I don't fall in love easy but when I do, I fall hard and being a cancer doesn't help the situation (sorry been reading into more astrology and elite daily to critically think more). Talking to countless others about their past and current relationships has helped me build a repertoire of understanding relationships and how to hold it together. This is why I can understand where everyone's advice, the reactions are different but the idea is the same. Is it wrong to like doing cheesy things? Is it bad that I express myself and my emotions openly? I think naught. It just shows how open minded you can be and expressing oneself there's no need to hide behind walls, it shows maturity. Of course understanding the situation is one thing, putting those words into context and acting them out are another. As a young adult I feel like we all have much to learn about the world around us, but why can't we have a similar mind set?

When I took a break from you, I thought more deeply about myself and reconstructed my life. I stopped drinking as heavily and my wallet has thanked me for that, but the feeling of missing something you can't have still hurts. Alcohol was my way of numbing the pain, succumbing to the dark side of emotions that could be blocked by a simple shot or two, maybe fifteen. I guess it was time to take a step forward and leave the darkness, you helped me do that but without you here I'm stumbling over my own two feet, but I'm crawling towards the light. I began looking deeper into you, what's funny is I knew a lot more about you than you really thought you had revealed to me. I understood and could empathize with your past, your pain, your struggles, but when you broke down that layer you wouldn't let me in any further. When you expose yourself, even for a little bit, it's a big step in your eyes. I knew where you were coming from, I could see inside of you who you really are but I can't be the one to expose you. You would have to expose yourself to me, I know it would take time, patience is a virtue. You were too scared to let me in, thinking I would judge you for who you really are but you wanted someone to tell, you just couldn't trust me enough. You knew I thought critically, that's why you avoided me because of the walls you had put up. Being jaded to perceive every male as the same is arrogant, but I knew where you were coming from, I knew the boundaries you put up and respected them. The reason? Because I wanted to break them down with you together. Doing things by yourself can be terrifying, but when you have someone beside you, someone who you can trust everything seems just a bit easier. Everyone has a mask they put on in public, it's there to hide themselves, their true nature. In a world where no one hid behind a second skin, there would be less pain. To empathize is to understand someone, to know what it's like and to help guide them in the right direction, whether or not you hurt the person but I digress.

Now back to the topic at hand:

Ah halloween, the one night women can dress up and not be judged for what they do as if their sins commited that night are washed away. For a person who no longer works in the nightlife industry, I always seem to be drawn back. I guess, no wait, I know that clubs are where lost souls go to linger and that's probably why I go back time and time again. To be brutally honest, I knew what to expect that night but my heart said otherwise. Last night I went house party hopping to calm my nerves before the storm, it's been a few weeks since I've talked to you, just dead silence. I knew you were at an event so that eased my mind as a couple friends and I go down to the strip for some fun, but I knew in the back of my mind that you wouldn't want to end your night there. Just as I knew you would, you show up after the event where I am at and we exchange awkward hugs. You asked if you could get a friend in, I knew I could but why should I? Out of courtesy when I knew you were with another guy tonight? Of course I am spiteful but it's halloween, the night where mistakes always happen. Just my luck that it happens to be my mistake for going out as I party it up with my friends with a water bottle, this time I was DD. I've partied way too hard and way too often in the previous years and want to give back, staying sober is the best option. I like to take care of friends whether it's to help them cope with their problems or just a ride home, I'm the kind of guy you call at four in the morning, still up, and down for late night pho but I digress. As my friends and I party it up on the dance floor, I bump into a costumed super hero who was aggressively making out with one chick. Why is it my life always ends up like a horrible romantic movie without the Hollywood ending? As he turns around and looks at me angrily, I say sorry and glance at the girl, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know who it is. You look at me with a half drunk half horrified expression but I just smile and give you a thumbs up, why should I ruin your night of fun? It's halloween. You leave in a hurried fashion and I laugh it off, knowing deep inside I'm hurt but I know you're having fun, that's all the matters to me. People say to take of yourself first before you love somebody but I like being selfless, it gives me the selfish satisfaction knowing that someone who's having a rough day brightened up after a small gesture. Those are the things I'm proud in life, the little things that no one notices, you don't have to be in the lime light to receive praise, knowing you've helped improve someone else is the most rewarding feeling. As the night winds down, my feelings haven't changed for you even though I've been scarred, beaten, and emotionally tortured myself. I know for a fact it's a ONS and that doesn't bother me, it would have if we were seeing or dating each other, but why does it still hurt? Because I still have feelings for you, I know it'll take some time to let go, maybe things will pick up where we left off but I know that where ever life takes you, it'll be with a smile on your face. This goes for everyone, when life bully's you, throws shit at you, and you feel insignificant, Push back harder than before and smile through it all. You'll never know unless you try.
notenoughasian is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2015, 08:12 PM   #21183
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
Failed 412 Times in 43 Posts
i just love dealing with flakes. Next!
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:53 PM   #21184
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 19 Posts
Cruise in the car or a ride on the bike. That's my therapy.

But unfortunately as the season turns ugly and cold, I guess I should start working out everyday again
Old 11-02-2015, 01:19 PM   #21185
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Failed 41 Times in 23 Posts
ugh. working with people my own nationality sucks lol peeps be cheap
but thats where the commission comes from
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:38 PM   #21186
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 95 Times in 23 Posts
Getting over the past is a lot harder than it seems...
So many things come back to haunt you
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2015, 09:20 AM   #21187
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Failed 1,128 Times in 272 Posts
lol girls,

ignore a girl who loves you for a 4-6 hours and type in the word "meh" and they melt like chocolate

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-03-2015, 10:45 AM   #21188
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 67 Times in 18 Posts
I appreciate my girlfriend so much.We've been going out for about 11 months now. I recently got a new job but it is unionized. I am on call for most of the time and have a ridiculous amount of free time, but I am also struggling with my bills. My girlfriend offered to pay everything for me. She works two jobs and loves both of them, she doesn't even consider her jobs as work but rather hanging out playing with kids at one of the daycares. I appreciate her offer but I feel embarrassed to accept money from her, and myself being 25, I don't want to rely on anyone for money. The sentiment from her is enough.
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:55 PM   #21189
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
^ buddy, gf like this doesn't come often, you owe it to her to remind her how much it means to you.

no you don't need to buy her roses and shit but do something special for her.

You're one lucky bro.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2015, 09:26 PM   #21190
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Failed 231 Times in 90 Posts
Having a person who wants to help you through rough times is like exactly what you should want in a partner. If she wants to help (and doesn't lord it over you as if she owns you), let her. Just make sure you repay the favour when/if she needs help.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2015, 09:24 PM   #21191
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,389 Posts
Failed 376 Times in 130 Posts
This has been a terrible week. Way too many things on my plate, stressing the fuck outta me. Half this shit is a waste of time too.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:53 PM   #21192
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 46 Posts
Listen to friends advice... Or do what you think is right?
604778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 03:41 PM   #21193
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604778 View Post
Listen to friends advice... Or do what you think is right?
Do what your guts tells you.

And fuck em if they call you an askhole just because you're not taking their advice. I'll never understand why people get pissed off when they gave advice to someone and the person question didn't take it. It's called advice, not a command. If its shitty or if there are better options then they should have the choice to take the better route
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2015, 10:31 PM   #21194
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Failed 41 Times in 23 Posts
^ very good point.

but ugghhh i have this problem where if i really want something i have to get it. right away. lol
needs to stop i think...
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:59 PM   #21195
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
Do what your guts tells you.

And fuck em if they call you an askhole just because you're not taking their advice. I'll never understand why people get pissed off when they gave advice to someone and the person question didn't take it. It's called advice, not a command. If its shitty or if there are better options then they should have the choice to take the better route
An askhole is someone who repeatedly asks for the same advice but chooses time after time to ignore it and simply complain about the same fucking situation over and over again.

At least that's what it is to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2015, 11:47 PM   #21196
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Failed 212 Times in 81 Posts
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2015, 11:59 PM   #21197
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 27 Posts
Lust, you asshole, you're going to get me in trouble
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2015, 09:22 PM   #21198
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 51 Posts
everything gets you in trouble mk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2015, 07:15 AM   #21199
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,797 Times in 916 Posts
Failed 1,257 Times in 270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
I appreciate my girlfriend so much.We've been going out for about 11 months now. I recently got a new job but it is unionized. I am on call for most of the time and have a ridiculous amount of free time, but I am also struggling with my bills. My girlfriend offered to pay everything for me. She works two jobs and loves both of them, she doesn't even consider her jobs as work but rather hanging out playing with kids at one of the daycares. I appreciate her offer but I feel embarrassed to accept money from her, and myself being 25, I don't want to rely on anyone for money. The sentiment from her is enough.
excuse me are you 13 inches?.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:34 PM   #21200
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 35 Posts
^Maybe if you should re-evaluate the women you date if you can't find one who will lend a helping hand when you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
An askhole is someone who repeatedly asks for the same advice but chooses time after time to ignore it and simply complain about the same fucking situation over and over again.

At least that's what it is to me.
Yes your definition is correct. But there are some people out there who expect you to take their advice if you ask for it and gets pissed off if you don't.
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote