REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:59 PM   #4801
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,402 Posts
Failed 390 Times in 157 Posts

Quote:
Issued at 16:22 Monday 19 December 2016

Another Pacific front advancing over the South Coast will bring 15 to 25 mm of rain through this evening and into Tuesday morning. In areas where significant amounts of snow remain from Monday morning there is the potential for localized flooding. This is most likely over the northern and eastern sections of Metro Vancouver and over northern sections of the Fraser Valley. Fortunately snow levels are expected to remain high enough with this system to give snowfall only to the mountains. However near Hope weak outflow will develop overnight bringing the potential for up to 5 cm.
In behind this system strong northwest winds locally gusting to 80 km/h are expected to spread over most areas Tuesday morning. This will bring the potential for power outages with some trees weakened by the latest series of storms. Winds and precipitation should ease in the afternoon.
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:02 PM   #4802
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 51 Posts
I live in a basement suite... I sincerely hope that it's waterproof o.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2016, 04:12 PM   #4803

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Failed 418 Times in 188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
I can't be the only one who would be getting the fuck away from there if the police had their guns drawn... right? What causes people to hang around situations like that?
we live in sad times of social media where people "need" to record whats happening
Old 12-19-2016, 04:27 PM   #4804
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
I live in a basement suite... I sincerely hope that it's waterproof o.o
wear a life preserver just in case
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-19-2016, 04:45 PM   #4805
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,849 Times in 1,842 Posts
Failed 970 Times in 279 Posts
Awesome and fun commute into work today, only took me 30 mins driving from Joyce Station to Cambie/Broadway Station. Took all small side streets there and only cutting across large streets, free parking too because no one else could park on the side street hill.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:22 PM   #4806
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
Most of the snow melted in the SW corner of the lower mainland due to rain. Was hesitant to shovel and sprinkle $30 worth of pet friendly salt yesterday but did anyway despite the forecast to be a good neighbour.

Shit? Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:33 PM   #4807

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
wear a life preserver just in case
Not sure why you got failed for that, I thought it was pretty funny. Might put a little rubber boat in the kitchen too... you know... just in case

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2016, 05:47 PM   #4808
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 263 Times in 78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
we live in sad times of social media where people "need" to record whats happening
What if the police wrongfully shoots him? That recording is necessary.

Also to our knowledge those people who were recording could already know the threat was only holding a knife...and when you're that far away from the threat with a knife you're pretty damn safe.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #4809
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 153 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Not sure why you got failed for that, I thought it was pretty funny. Might put a little rubber boat in the kitchen too... you know... just in case
Or try and be pro-active and shovel some snow, ensure that drains around the house are clear and maybe create a channel in the snow so the water can flow to the drain... instead of waiting for your landlord to do it.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:02 PM   #4810

I already went outside and checked about half an hour ago, he already did it (I guess his classes got cancelled after all). He's on top of stuff like that, so I wasn't actually worried. It was a joke. But good job on missing that

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Old 12-19-2016, 06:07 PM   #4811
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 153 Times in 41 Posts
It was a bad joke and poorly executed.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:38 PM   #4812

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Failed 418 Times in 188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
What if the police wrongfully shoots him? That recording is necessary.

Also to our knowledge those people who were recording could already know the threat was only holding a knife...and when you're that far away from the threat with a knife you're pretty damn safe.
Good point but I personally wouldn't stick around to get chopped or shot

record all you want im outta there
Old 12-19-2016, 07:00 PM   #4813
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,568 Times in 4,937 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
I took my son into work (Richmond) this morning 'cause buses were like at least two hours behind. Roads were absolutely horrible at 7:00 am in Burnaby. Good thing most people stayed at home, so volume was not an issue. When we got into Richmond, there was absolutely nothing on the roads - no ice or snow.

On my way back I turned onto Boundary from 49th Ave, heading north. Bad move. It took me 25 minutes to get from 49th to Kingsway. I then made a dumber move by going down Smith Avenue from Kingsway. I didn't have any issues but everyone else was like STUPID. The van ahead of me tries to turn left and the vehicle coming toward him decides to keep coming until he blocks the van. Then the dweeb refuses to back up, or move forward. This driver behind the dweeb, being smarter, just backed up all the way and went down the next street. Meanwhile, the van gets stuck. I'm telling the dweeb to back up so the van can get going. Still refuses. Two middle aged women come by and together we push the van back. The dweeb just stays in his car and watches......waits until we make room. The thing that got me was, he had enough room to drive by from the beginning.

Anyway, I was so close to going into rage mode, but kept my cool. I just told him he sucked as a driver and that he should not be driving on the roads under these conditions.

Later, I see this couple next to their car trying to figure out what to do. Their car was stuck trying to back up and turn onto Smith Avenue. Car was going nowhere, so about six other people, including me, pushed him out. I was at the front fender and saw his tires. They weren't even all seasons. To boot, the treads were completely gone. WTF? Are people really that dumb?

You drive on bald tires, putting your wife/gf and other drivers' lives at stake because you can't get your shit together? Oh, btw, just before I see this car, I drove by a flatbed towing vehicle loading on an ambulance......... wow!
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2016, 07:03 PM   #4814
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Failed 153 Times in 85 Posts
ya, saw many stuck people this morning in burnaby. Can't wait to view my dashcam footage

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:19 PM   #4815
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 168 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 33 Posts
Maybe this will help..
mekaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:30 PM   #4816
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Failed 67 Times in 51 Posts
or they tired out their tires just by stepping on the gas hopelessly hoping to get enough traction? The steam generated by tires spinning means something is melting usually not just the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
They weren't even all seasons. To boot, the treads were completely gone. WTF? Are people really that dumb?
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:15 AM   #4817
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,389 Posts
Failed 376 Times in 130 Posts
So many god damn potholes on the Oak Street Bridge in both directions. There's two MASSIVE ones in the left lane SB right before the end of the bridge, watch out and don't stay in the left lane.

If I didn't have thick tires I'm 100% sure my wheels would've either been bent or cracked.

Seriously, the condition of that bridge is shameful. Just repave the entire damn thing already.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2016, 12:22 AM   #4818
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,568 Times in 4,937 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Potholes along Parker from about Kensington to Willingdon, as well.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2016, 12:29 AM   #4819
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
So many god damn potholes on the Oak Street Bridge in both directions. There's two MASSIVE ones in the left lane SB right before the end of the bridge, watch out and don't stay in the left lane.

If I didn't have thick tires I'm 100% sure my wheels would've either been bent or cracked.

Seriously, the condition of that bridge is shameful. Just repave the entire damn thing already.
I hit that today at ~70km/h.

Some poos definitely did come out, right between the two BANG BANG.

No damage though...but fucking hell.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2016, 07:12 AM   #4820
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,173 Times in 1,553 Posts
Failed 120 Times in 54 Posts
Be careful today. The snow is gone, but there is a lot of black ice. Side streets in Langley are mostly black ice.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:15 AM   #4821
Witness protection

no black ice in my commute this morning, but there were a lot of puddles, and i don't mean the kiddie pool kind...
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 12-20-2016, 07:21 AM   #4822
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
don't get me wrong, i completely agree that it's unrealistic that every bus be fitted with winter tires (10plus tires) for a snowfall that may or may not come. all i'm saying is if they know their busses are not going to adequately perform in this type of weather, cut service down. maybe not entirely, but disperse your resources on better methods for people. people spent hours waiting for busses that never came, because their busses were stuck in a 10+ bus stall that they're likely still stuck in
Translink was hoping the skytrain will be better during the snow we had but there was an issue with it as well.

What I don't like is that the transit drivers know the bus won't make it anyways, why not just stay with the bus and not drive it? I mean so many of them were stuck on the road causing more traffic issue.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:36 AM   #4823
Witness protection

sanderson and willingdon. i wonder what it was like to be a passenger in that bus as it went snow surfing into the trees. i don't know of you can see this but there are two other buses further up the hill stuffed into each other. the city not do the best job plowing this route yesterday and little to no salting and this is the result this morning. and this is a bus route...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg (63.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by thumper; 12-20-2016 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:44 AM   #4824
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Failed 150 Times in 53 Posts
Is it just me or does it smell like shit outside? More so than usual.
Highway drive today there was this nasty smell all through the Burnaby Lake stretch but seems to have disappeared after Kensington.

On the short walk to the office, the smell kinda was still lingering in the air.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:59 AM   #4825
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,173 Times in 1,553 Posts
Failed 120 Times in 54 Posts
^^^
Check your underwear?