REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-17-2023, 09:16 AM   #17851
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,870 Times in 2,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Retard, Stupid, Idiot, Moron, Imbecile, and many more words describing mental deficiency all came from the same place, and relatively the same time. They are all medical terms that eventually got used as colloquial insults, but for some reason only one of them got canceled. That's what I don't understand...
i can sound like mr burns and use daft

Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 11:12 AM   #17852
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,407 Times in 2,477 Posts
I've always thought that 'smooth-brain' is a creative insult for calling people dumb.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2023, 12:27 PM   #17853

i think it's making a come back with online video clips, heard my youngest using that term

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 08-17-2023, 12:27 PM   #17854
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,458 Times in 3,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ yah, I wonder if it can possibly run ... so detailed.
Very hard to make them run. Donut media tried and failed.

Someone should buy this VR pinball table. All it needs is a TV and a computer to run. I would if I were in Van.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2111112l%22%7D
Old 08-17-2023, 12:28 PM   #17855
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Thanks to the idiotic Bill C-18, all that's left now on FB for Canadians is everything EXCEPT mainstream media.

In an effort to "save journalism" the Canadian Gov't is basically destroying it and lot of jobs in the process.
What did they expect when they introduced C18? Did they basically think they can just force the big techs to cave in?

We are not that big of a market in the grand scheme of things. And in this internet age where big techs dominate, it's the mainstream media who needs the big techs and not the other way around. They should be thankful that big techs aren't actually billing them to have all the links to their website.

I'd give another 6 month before these "mainstream media" cave in and sign contracts with Google, FB and whoever to have their content linked for free or maybe a symbol fee just to save face.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-17-2023, 12:38 PM   #17856
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,580 Times in 5,772 Posts
All the major “news” stations are now running radio ads begging you to download their app and telling you to visit a site explaining the bill from their side, ie. begging you to be against it

For many people, including myself, I would -never- go to a global or CTV news site on my own but I might be force fed an article on FB, now they are even more irrelevant to your average consumer
Old 08-17-2023, 02:14 PM   #17857
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post

Someone should buy this VR pinball table. All it needs is a TV and a computer to run. I would if I were in Van.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2111112l%22%7D
I don't think that's a horrible price but you can find them cheaper for sure. My buddy purchased a complete VR Pinball machine a few months back that only had an issue with the software which he was able to fix easily, I think paid $700, the machine on the right. He's always Johnny on the spot with machines though so maybe it was a good deal he jumped on, he buys machines, fixes them for his personal collection all the time and when he gets bored with them he almost always makes money on them when he sells them.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2023, 03:46 PM   #17858
private modder

Thanked 2,694 Times in 753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
What did they expect when they introduced C18? Did they basically think they can just force the big techs to cave in?
Pretty much

Quote:
We are not that big of a market in the grand scheme of things. And in this internet age where big techs dominate, it's the mainstream media who needs the big techs and not the other way around. They should be thankful that big techs aren't actually billing them to have all the links to their website.
I generally agree

Quote:
I'd give another 6 month before these "mainstream media" cave in and sign contracts with Google, FB and whoever to have their content linked for free or maybe a symbol fee just to save face.
Prior to C18, many media companies already had revenue deals in place with Meta and Google. So essentially, these companies were already doing what this law is now forcing them to do.

But Meta and Google want to do it by choice, not be legislated to take on uncapped liability. So that's why they are choosing to walk away from news content entirely. And they also cancelled all the existing revenue deals that were already in place.

So not only are media companies fucked because they've lost all the Meta traffic (and soon Google traffic probably), they also lost the revenue from the pre-existing deals. Double whammy.

If this doesn't resolve itself, some companies won't survive and people will lose jobs over it. And the gov't will blame Meta... but it's entirely the gov't's fault to begin with. Idiots.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2023, 04:20 PM   #17859
Banned By Establishment

Has anyone used this product and does it actually work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 04:52 PM   #17860
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

^^^^

I have and I personally don't think it has done anything to be honest. What type of pest are you trying to deter???
bokch0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 04:59 PM   #17861
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,916 Posts
According to Flip, it does. I wasn't convinced. Like In Mike we Trust, I also trust anything Flip says. Sure enough it works. I haven't had a mouse in the garage for as long as I've had those things in the garage. I've also had critters camping out in the engine of my truck. Tried all kinds of stuff, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, witch's piss rabbit jazz, you name it. Nothing worked. I put one of those puppies in the engine bay and nothing live there anymore..

That particular model I can't speak about, but the one that works for me is the one you buy at Canadian Tire.

I use this to connect both my Two Bank NOCO charger (Battery in engine compartment and battery for stereo equipment in the trunk) and the pest thing.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/n...w.ds#store=601

Charger looks like this.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/n...w.ds#store=601

Truck sits idle for nearly half a year, so the charger and pest thing are needed.

Forgot to mention, no holes are drilled in the bumper. I fabricated a piece from aluminum attached it to that and put the aluminum piece to license plate bolts. Two smaller holes in the upper grill part. Only because I build stuff to survive hurricanes and shit.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 08-17-2023 at 05:04 PM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 05:16 PM   #17862
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,458 Times in 3,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
All the major “news” stations are now running radio ads begging you to download their app and telling you to visit a site explaining the bill from their side, ie. begging you to be against it

For many people, including myself, I would -never- go to a global or CTV news site on my own but I might be force fed an article on FB, now they are even more irrelevant to your average consumer
So what you are saying is that you are close minded and only get news from sites that share your narrow view.
Old 08-17-2023, 05:21 PM   #17863
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
So what you are saying is that you are close minded and only get news from sites that share your narrow view.
I get my news from Revscene. I have everything I need. Including thoughts and opinions from you.

This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2023, 09:53 AM   #17864
MG1

Found and listening to a very well produced SACD of Steely Dan's Aja (pronounced asia). I still have the Obi that came with the SACD. Anyway, great sound and even better, the cover. I fell in love with the mysterious asian girl that posed for the photoshoot. I finally, because I'm bored out of my gourd, looked it up. Wow. She's gorgeous. Sadly she is no more.

https://radiodupree.blogspot.com/200...odel-dies.html

https://www.anothermag.com/fashion-b...s-beauty-norms

Died way too young. 57. From acute Pneumonia.

Last edited by MG1; 08-18-2023 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-18-2023, 10:16 AM   #17865

Thanked 3,572 Times in 1,735 Posts
The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread

A new electric Lamborghini concept.

Lanzador. 1340 hp.
-marketed as the “Ultra GT”.

This bull is fast haha.
Lanzador is on sale starting in 2028.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 08-18-2023 at 10:55 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 10:20 AM   #17866
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,070 Times in 5,350 Posts
Wow that video is ridiculously over the top

How do desires design a car? Everything would like like a vagina... or dick... depending which way you swing
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2023, 10:29 AM   #17867
MG1

I'm having a hard time trying to find a vagina or a dick in those photos............... you sure? And, I've seen my share of vagina's, too. Dicks, not so much, gulolololol.

EDIT: I see it now...... in the third shot.

Old 08-18-2023, 10:43 AM   #17868
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,848 Times in 1,826 Posts
That's a cool ass car, but what is it, a car or an SUV? The lines have blurred nowadays with these vehicles.

BTW 68style, I wouldn't worry about your parents going crazy, it happens with all of them.

My dad is Nigerian and he's always been a political guy (poli-science major), we've always been able to have pretty deep discussions about world affairs and political stuff. As he's gotten older (70) and more isolated, he's become more deranged with his idle thoughts.

He's really gone on a hating China tangent over the last few years, sending me articles on a regular basis about China raping Africa of its resources and such. His ideas have become more and more extreme, that's what happens when you're isolated and have too much time to ruminate on ideas you can't bounce off other people.

Happens to everyone, it'll be us one day, I'm certain.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2023, 10:53 AM   #17869

Thanked 9,423 Times in 3,396 Posts
well i guess i aint going over to your house Mikey.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2023, 10:55 AM   #17870
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,848 Times in 1,826 Posts
^LOL I don't live at home, but don't worry he's cool. He has Asian friends, he's not a racist or anything, he's just come obsessed about China's initiatives in Africa, feeling that it's exploitive.

He preferred the British being there because he felt they made an attempt to bring structure and governance to the country, where as the Chinese could give a flying fuck about any of that crap.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2023, 11:31 AM   #17871

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I don't think that's a horrible price but you can find them cheaper for sure. My buddy purchased a complete VR Pinball machine a few months back that only had an issue with the software which he was able to fix easily, I think paid $700, the machine on the right. He's always Johnny on the spot with machines though so maybe it was a good deal he jumped on, he buys machines, fixes them for his personal collection all the time and when he gets bored with them he almost always makes money on them when he sells them.

SF2 champ ed, neo geo, wrestlefest, is that police trainer on the left?
your buddy is a man of culture

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2023, 11:34 AM   #17872
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
SF2 champ ed, neo geo, wrestlefest, is that police trainer on the left?
your buddy is a man of culture
Lol, yeah he's got other ones as well like NBA Jam, NHL Open Ice, NFL Blitz, his issue is space.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 11:35 AM   #17873
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,308 Times in 1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Lol, yeah he's got other ones as well like NBA Jam, NHL Open Ice, NFL Blitz, his issue is space.
Damn, he has a legit Neo Geo cabinet. Fuck, I love NHL Open Ice!

I imported a Vewlix clone cabinet from China last year and dolled it up nice. Too bad it's been fucking sitting around collecting dust and hogging up space in my man cave for months now, lol.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2023, 11:35 AM   #17874

Thanked 9,423 Times in 3,396 Posts
Cool hobby. I too enjoy retro gaming but not enough to actually do anything about it.
Most I’ll do it pop an emulator on PC and play some ps2 GT4
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2023, 11:55 AM   #17875
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Found and listening to a very well produced SACD of Steely Dan's Aja (pronounced asia). I still have the Obi that came with the SACD. Anyway, great sound and even better, the cover. I fell in love with the mysterious asian girl that posed for the photoshoot. I finally, because I'm bored out of my gourd, looked it up. Wow. She's gorgeous. Sadly she is no more.

https://radiodupree.blogspot.com/200...odel-dies.html

https://www.anothermag.com/fashion-b...s-beauty-norms

Died way too young. 57. From acute Pneumonia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ckh9_NSJEY
Man...i had SACD in my gen 2 IS years ago along with half dozen discs - sounded great but sadly, no SACD player after that and not worth the investment anymore now.
bokch0y is offline   Reply With Quote